Regular hours (Monday to Friday) listed above for Large Animal Clinic, Small Animal Clinic and Field Service
Extended telephone reception hours for Small Animal Clinic only:
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Emergency services available 24/7
To ensure that your visit goes smoothly, the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre asks all of its clients (including clients who have been referred to the VMC) to schedule an appointment in advance.
Resheduling or canceling appointments
If you can not keep your original appointment, please call the appropriate reception area to reschedule or cancel so the hospital’s clinical team can plan to see another case in your place.
The WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre serves as the referral centre for all western Canadian veterinarians as well as for other practitioners in Ontario, Canada's North and northwestern U.S.
If you are a new client, please click her to find information about parking, check-in and what to expect during your appointment.
ICU Visiting Info
There is a visiting policy in place for ICU visits:
- Visiting hours are 10 to 11:30 a.m. and 5 to 7 p.m., seven days a week.
- All visits to the ICU must to be arranged in advance with the primary clinician on the case. Clients will not be allowed to drop in for unscheduled visits.
- No more than three persons per pet should visit at any one time.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Children under the age of two, strollers and other family pets are not permitted in the hospital area.
- Immuno-compromised individuals should not be allowed to visit in the ICU, but concessions can be made with respect to this policy on a case-by-case basis.
- In the event of an arrest or the arrival of a life-threatening emergency, clients will be asked to leave the ICU immediately.
- Unless otherwise approved by the primary clinician, visits are limited to once a day for a maximum of 15 minutes per visit.
- Clients who are visiting in the ICU must be escorted back to the reception area from the ICU and will not be allowed to wander in the hospital’s hallways.
In general, we discourage any personal items (such as special toys or blankets) with patients in the ICU. These are often lost or misplaced in the laundry and not returned to you.