The WCVM's Large Animal Clinic and Field Service provide primary health care and herd health management services to livestock producers:
- Sheep and goats
- Llamas and alpacas
- Specialized livestock
The WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre's team of large animal clinicians can help you to optimize the health of your animals by developing a sound herd health program that's customized to fit your business.
Herd health services
- Breeding soundness examinations
- Reproduction management
- Disease surveillance and management
- Nutrition consultation
- Parasite control
- Vaccination programs
- Genetic selection
- Production record analysis
- Herd health planning
- Specialized services for dairy and beef cattle
- herd health visits for cow-calf health management
- nutritional consultations
- reproduction management and services — ultrasound examinations, bull breeding soundness evaluations, pregnancy examinations, artificial insemination and embryo transfer
- surgeries — caesarean sections, wound management, hernia repairs
- lameness diagnosis and therapy
- infectious disease control programs
- food safety consultation
- disease investigations
Our large animal clinical team can also update you and your employees about new livestock health information, new preventive health management products and new approaches to herd health management.
The WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre's clinical team members are dedicated, compassionate people with specialized training and a diverse range of experiences. In addition to providing our patients with high-quality care and support, we are helping to train Western Canada's next generation of veterinary professionals.
What to Expect
While the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre shares many similarities to other veterinary hospitals, there are some differences that may have an impact on your appointment.
For more information, please contact the WCVM Large Animal Clinic reception desk at 306-966-7178.