Updated September 1, 2020
As of Tuesday, September 1, the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre (VMC) has resumed normal operations in all of its clinical services except small animal surgery, which remains closed to all cases other than emergencies and urgent care.
The WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre building remains closed to public access. During this time, wait times for some clinical services may be longer than normal. There may also be a wait list for some of our hospital's specialty services. Our clinical team is addressing the backlog of cases in some of our clinical services, and we thank you for your patience. Please contact our client services team for more information.
The VMC continues to use curbside services for admitting and discharging patients. Curbside services minimizes contact between clients and clinical team members and helps to prevent the spread of COVID 19. Please read the information below for more details.
Before coming to the VMC
Before bringing animals to the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre, please call ahead to the Small Animal Clinic (306-966-7126) or the Large Animal Clinic (306-966-7178).
We are making efforts to minimize the contact between animal owners and members of the WCVM clinical team to help maintain a safe environment for everyone. As part of this process, our receptionists are calling VMC clients in advance of their appointments. The receptionist will ask if you have recently travelled or if you are showing signs of respiratory illness.
If you answer yes to one or both of these questions and your animal's health is stable (non-emergent), we will ask if the appointment can be rescheduled.
If you answer yes to one or both of these questions and this is an emergent case, we will ask if someone else can bring in your animal to the VMC.
To minimize the contact between animal owners and members of the WCVM clinical team, please be aware of additional measures that are in place at the VMC:
- Remain in your vehicle when you arrive at the VMC. Please call a VMC reception desk for further instructions.
- Small Animal Clinic reception: 306-966-7126
- Large Animal Clinic reception: 306-966-7178
- Do not enter the VMC building.
- All appointments must be made by telephone (not in person). Please call ahead to alert the VMC team about incoming emergency cases.
- You cannot be present for your animal's physical examination.
- The VMC encourages clients to use touchless payment options. Please pay by credit or debit. VMC staff clean the hospital's payment terminals after each use.
- Please order pet food and medication 24 hours in advance. Payment by phone is strongly encouraged.
- We have adopted increased safety measures so owners may be present for animal euthanasia procedures. Please contact a VMC reception desk (see above for numbers) for more information.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
Pet food sales
- The VMC encourages clients to provide 24 hours' notice for regular pick up of pet food. Only orders that have been processed may be picked up on weekends.
- For special pet food orders, clients must order well in advance (five to 10 days) before pick up.
If you are part of the clinical team at the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre, please visit the WCVM coronavirus response page for daily updates, information about case management and COVID-19 resources.